Cangel Best Lovers
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Cangel Best Lovers

Nostalgique ou passionné de la relation Cordy/Angel? Ou de la série qui l'a vu naître? Venez vite nous rejoindre, ce forum est fait pour vous.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : ...
Voir le deal

We love the women that the fandom hates

2 participants
AuteurMessage
a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

We love the women that the fandom hates Empty
MessageSujet: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 10:54

We love the women that the fandom hates 33m3n1k

Une nouvelle communauté vient d'ouvrir sur LJ et le but est de mettre en avant les personnages féminins détestés/descendus par le fandom.

Pour des informations détaillées, je vous renvois sur le LJ:

http://akzseinga.livejournal.com/234631.html

Mais en gros, il faut savoir que la personne qui clâme aimer un des persos, doit lui dédier un post par jour pendant 1 semaine, sur son LJ.

Cordy est (malheureusement???? évidemment????) reprise dans la liste des femmes dénigrées.

Je vous propose donc de reprendre ici tous les posts écrits en son honneur ^^
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://world-is-a-fiction.forumactif.org/
a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 11:47

Cordelia Chase, Buffyverse, défendue par superkappa
=>http://superkappa.livejournal.com/

Citation :
Day 1

We love the women that the fandom hates Tumblr_lqva26krGH1qb0wqyo1_500

So, for the first day of this I thought I'd start out with some of my favorite quotes of Cordelia from season 1 of Buffy. I often hear that people don't like her until season 2 or 3, or even well into Angel, and I loved my girl from day 1. So I thought I'd compile some of her greatest hits from that first season.

Episode 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

God! What is your childhood trauma?!

I actually quote this one to people all the time now. It's just such a great insult to me.

Episode 2: The Harvest

Y'know? It's like when I go shopping.
I have to have the most expensive thing. Not because it's expensive, but because it costs more.

I actually have always felt like this line is very revealing to how Cordelia thinks and feels at this point. She likes being important, having status, feeling like she matters and by having things that cost more, she asserts that status. It's interesting.

Episode 4: Teacher's Pet

let's just say I haven't been able to eat a thing since yesterday. I think I lost, like, seven and a half ounces? Way swifter than that so-called diet that quack put me on. Oh, I'm not saying that we should kill a teacher every day just so I can lose weight, I'm just saying when tragedy strikes, we have to look on the bright side. You know?

See and a positive thinker too! Okay, I'm kidding mostly n that, but this cracks me up every time. And it is a kind of weird way to look on the bright side. I love Cordelia's weird sense of logic whenever it rears it's head.

Episode 5: How To Kill A Boy On A First Date

Ooo! Hello, salty goodness! (to her friend) Pick up the phone, call 911. That boy is gonna need some serious oxygen after I'm through with him.

I love Cordelia's reaction to first seeing Angel. I love even more than they reference it in Spin the Bottle in season 4 of Angel.

Episode 9: The Puppet Show

But the mood! It'll be all wrong! (gets in front of him and stops him) My song is about dignity and human feelings and personal...hygiene or something. Anyway, it's sappy, and no one is gonna be feeling sappy after all that Rock and Roll.

Again, another one I chose because it amuses me. I'll fully admit that season 1 Cordelia can be a little one note in comparison to how much growth she gets later on, but that one note isn't a bad one to start on. She makes me laugh in these early episodes more than anyone else. Then again, Charisma Carpenter is like a goddess with comedic timing.

Episode 11: Out Of Mind, Out Of Sight

Cordelia: (stops Buffy) Hey! You think I'm never lonely because I'm so cute and popular? I can be surrounded by people and be completely alone. It's not like any of them really know me. I don't even know if they like me half the time. People just want to be in a popular zone. Sometimes when I talk, everyone's so busy agreeing with me, they don't hear a word I say.

Buffy: Well, if you feel so alone, then why do you work so hard at being popular?

Cordelia: Well, it beats being alone all by yourself.

And if we wanted to pinpoint the moment where my love for her was sealed, it was this one. There's something so heartbreaking about her speech here. Because somewhere along the line, Cordelia never learned how to let people just like her for herself. And she's actually pretty lonely despite being so popular (I think something that gets highlighted even more in the next couple of seasons, especially in her fall from grace in season 3).

Episode 12: Prophecy Girl

Cut to the library. Cordelia hits the vampire's hand and then bites it.
The vampire screams and lets go.

Cordelia: See how *you* like it!

Cordelia bites back. Literally. Which is a great moment considering how much she's been a damsel in distress in the first season, and here we see the beginnings of her learning how to fight back.
a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 11:51

Citation :
Day 2

We love the women that the fandom hates Tumblr_lbsyqfoJGS1qcabl0o1_400

This is a gift, it comes with a price: or Cordelia's struggle and eventual acceptance of her visions

Nine episodes into Angel The Series, one of the main characters is killed off, and Cordelia's life is changed forever. Doyle giving her the visions is something that's often referred to as a "mistake", something that wasn't supposed to happen, but for all of that, Cordelia owns them, and for a mistake, a lot of good comes out of it. It's left ambigious to whether Doyle meant for this to happen or not, but it's interesting to watch Cordelia process it.

At first, she doesn't want anything to do with it. At this point, she's still trying to go after stardom (and ultimately, fame and acceptance, the second moreso than the first, which is why when she realizes she has that from Angel Investigations, she mostly gives up her acting dreams). It's played for laughs, how she kisses every guy she comes in contact with during "Parting Gifts" but could you imagine how scary that must have been for her? Not to mention she had just suffered a huge loss, the first one to really hit home to her. Her acts of desperation in that episode are almost heartbreaking, when you think of them like that.

For the most part, in the latter half of season 1 we see Cordelia treating those visions like a burden. It's like doing her taxes, she may not like it but she doesn't have a lot of choice in the manner either. She doesn't feel a personal connection to the victims, not yet. But then there's "To Shanshu In L.A." and this is pretty much a game changer for Cordelia. The devestating overload of visions opens her eyes, quite literally. She sees how much the people in her city are suffering, and this time, Cordelia doesn't get angry or annoyed, she gets determined. Her mind is made up. And once Cordelia's mind is set on something, good luck talking her out of it.

To me, that's the true moment of her accepting her visions as a gift instead of a burden. I know people cite the scene in Birthday a lot as her doing that, or even in Pyela, but I really think it starts here. I will say though, be given the option to lose her visions through sex with Groo is a great reference back to when she was trying to kiss them away, and how much she had changed since then. She refused to risk losing them, because for as painful and annoying as they could be, she liked them. Liked helping people. It gave her a sense of purpose, something she had never had before. So much that she begins to define her place in Angel Investigations around them. (Best seen in "That Vision Thing" when she tells Angel "Without my visions you wouldn't need me anymore.") Of course, they're not the only reason, but they are a big one.

Cordelia's growth and change through the onset of her visions is always so fascinating to me, especially since it was something that wasn't supposed to happen. She's not Buffy, she wasn't Chosen. It just kind of happened, and what she does with that cosmic oops is pretty awesome.
a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 11:54

Citation :
Day 3

Today I braved my arch nemesis photoshop and attempted to make a wallpaper. It's not the best, but I like it. It's all from the Pylea arc, because I love Princess Cordelia more than I think most of the fandom does. Like it's kind of a bizzare arc, but it's a lot of fun. I had a lot of fun messing with the coloring for this, and actually rather like how it came out even though I am not normally a graphics maker.

We love the women that the fandom hates Cordywallpaperpreview

Pour voir en plus grand =>http://superkappa.livejournal.com/1002729.html
a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 12:02

Citation :
Day 4

So today is going to be a rec day for me, mostly because I've been feeling kind of under the weather, which has made getting other stuff done harder. This is a little late...but whatever. I'll get another one up later today.

There's one one fic I'm reccing on top of my head (I really need to start a delicious account or something...anyways) but it's pretty much a must read for any Cordelia Fan.

Iokaste by eleusis_walks
=>http://eleusis-walks.livejournal.com/39784.html#cutid1

The way ascension fills her up, slick and heavy, is what she'll always remember most. Something great and powerful and warm slides inside her, and it's better than anything she's ever felt. Better than the best meal she's ever eaten. Better than sex. Just better. She doesn't even notice the people below on Earth for weeks; she's too busy having the best metaphysical orgasm of her life.

But after a while, the sweetness fades. The spots hazing her vision clear. She takes a deep breath and looks down from the heavens, and sees Angel at the bottom of the sea. Watches his lungs fill with water, watches him gasp and gulp and suffer and try to endure, and suddenly she knows she has made the wrong choice. None of it feels good anymore, but that sense of physical completion -- of being filled to the brim, overstuffed, almost overflowing with something -- won't go away. It makes her nauseous and impatient.

Casting her eye down toward the water swallowing up Angel as he swallows it in kind, she tries to go to him, tries to animate herself, tries to shift her presence into some kind of arrow and fire herself to where he lies. No matter how hard she tries, there's nothing tangible up here. Nothing at all but the swollen bloat of the power stuffed inside her.

This is not an easy fic to read. It is triggering, it is difficult, but it also helps to do something the show never did, which is give Cordelia a voice during the events of season 4 while Jasimine has control of her body. I actually have trouble rereading this sometimes because it's so brutal, but I think it's definitely something everyone should read at least once in spite of that.

And now, onto fanvideos. Like fics, it's hard to find ones from Cordelia's point of view, but I've found a few really good ones. and yes, the first one I'm linking is one I've made. But I think it is a really good portrait of her...so no regrets.

This song is like...the Cordelia Chase song for me, at least for arc in Angel. I think it really represents her character arc well. Especially in regards to her visions and the sacrifices she made.
a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 12:54

Citation :
Man, this is kind of an overused song, but I really think it fits well. And the editing is beautiful.

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 12:55

Citation :
I almost forgot this one, which makes me sad because it's one of my very favorites. I had never heard the song before, but I think it's perfect for her. Plus it was made for a contest for hero character arcs. Which she definitely has.

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 12:56

Citation :
THIRTY SECONDS AND IT MAKES ME WEEP, ALRIGHT?

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 12:57

Citation :
The world needs more tributes to what a HBIC Cordy is. Seriously.

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 12:58

Citation :
My favorite fantrailer ever, negl. Cordy + Xena = solid win.

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 12:58

Citation :
Most videos focus on her Angel years more, so it was nice to find a tribute to Cordy's Buffy years too.

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 13:00

Citation :
I just recently recced this, but it bares repeating. It's the only video I've seen really tackle the Jasmine stuff so brutally, much like the fic I recced above did. It's so heartbreaking, but well done.

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 13:02

Citation :
And now a few videos including ships and/or friendships:

/sobs I love Wesley and Cordelia's friendship so much and this is the only tribute I've seen just to it. Which makes me tolerate Avril Levine much more then usual.

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 13:04

Citation :
Speaking of friendships, this is a great one for showing how Cordelia effected the guys of Angel Investigations (Angel, Wes and Gunn) through their friendships. It's pretty sweet. It focuses on the guys a little more than her in parts, but I still threw it in here.

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 13:07

Citation :
So, there are a lot of great Angel/Cordelia videos out there but this is like the only one I've ever seen that focuses on her point of view of it (which makes sense I guess, since the show gave us a lot less of it. Then again, I guess it wasn't Cordelia: The Series if only). And it covers something I've always head canoned as part of her struggles with coming to terms with her feelings for Angel. So.

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 13:09

Citation :
It's not my favorite ship, but I have a certain fondness for Doyle/Cordelia...and a lot of feelings on the subject actually, particularly how his death effected and changed her (and not just with the visions). This is probably my favorite video of theirs, and really shows how Cordelia struggled to let him in (which makes sense after the Xander disaster).

a.a.k
Jensen Girl
Jensen Girl
a.a.k

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeLun 19 Sep 2011, 13:10

Citation :
Soeaking of which. This is a great tribute to how badly Xander's betrayal effected Cordelia, and how she definitely cared more about him.

lily
Ship Addict
Ship Addict
lily

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitimeDim 25 Sep 2011, 10:18

eh beh y'en a des vidéos. merci pour tout ça!!
....mais comment ça il y a des personnes qui déteste Cordy??? est-ce même possible??? :-D
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: We love the women that the fandom hates   We love the women that the fandom hates Icon_minitime

We love the women that the fandom hates
Page 1 sur 1